Location: Troy, MI
Apply For This Job
$Salary level is 75-100k base
OPPORTUNITY: Pre-Production Manufacturing Engineer
As the Engineer for Pre-Production Manufacturing and Lean Activities, this individual will be responsible for facilitating the strategic lean transformation within Client Company.
This person will introduce lean concepts in current and future manufacturing facilities as well as in product design and development. The goal of this individual will be to obtain the best balance of labor, equipment and material costs on a variety of projects. The work will ensure new processes integrate into the production environment and function at the planned rate and performance upon start of production. This person will support activities globally.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and knowledge sought below but, of equal importance, he or she will be self motivated, possess a positive attitude, and be a creative thinker. This is a “hands-on” position that will work across the global organization in a competitive atmosphere. Working effectively with cross-functional teams is crucial for success.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive standardization through Assembly Best Practice team
- Develop, with cost estimating, an assembly process cost model and a tracking process for adherence to the process
- Support project to drive commonality within product design activities to facilitate process refinement and equipment reuse
- Standardize processes for new equipment quoting and qualifications
- Support plants in implementation of best practices
- Drive Lean into major capital projects
- Support manufacturing plants on designs of capacity expansion projects
- Work with Advanced Development Center and manufacturing plants to develop new modular equipment
- Applicable technical knowledge
- Ability to leverage current skill set to learn new improvement processes
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrate a high degree of leadership skills that allow the individual to influence all levels of the organization and make positive change
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field ( an Advanced technical degree would be ideal)
- 2-7 years related experience preferred, including Lean Manufacturing experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Understanding and working knowledge of statistics
- PC proficiency utilizing MS Office, MS Project, and AutoCAD
- Proven leadership ability, excellent communicator, confidence inspirer, self-motivator
- A strategic thinker who also executes well
- Capable of engaging in an effective challenge process
- A change agent with the ability to create new mindsets and behaviors
- Have a proven track record of delivering extraordinary results
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Apply For This Job
The Motor Control Engineer role has primary responsibility for:
Research, design, simulation and prototyping of embedded motor control for high performance motors (e.g. induction or permanent magnetic ) applied in our products including analog to digital and digital to analog conversion, Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and hardware/software interfacing.
Develop advanced algorithms for the automatic control of product dynamics, its real-time implementation in fixed-point or floating-point microprocessor architectures and integration with the drive system hardware.
Develop innovative tools such as motor control user interfaces to allow the transfer of new drive system technologies to other technical groups within the company. Provide technical contributions, leadership, consulting and project administration both as an individual contributor and in a team effort.
Investigate the latest embedded control and drive system technologies and communicate the best available throughout the company.
What you will do:
Develop high performance motor control technology for new generation of electromechanical/electrical systems/products
Develop and improve advanced motor control schemes and implement them into embedded boards
Conduct validation and benchmarking of motor control performance
Support the development of new products from concept through production using client’s product development processes.
What you Need to Succeed:
M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Ph.D. degree is more desired.
A strong in-depth understanding of motor technologies and digital motor controls.
Extensive experience in the implementation of AC induction and BPM motors controls based on DSP platform controllers.
Minimum 5 years experience in motor drive development.
Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Experience with Matlab/Simulink tools
Experience with C code implementation for low cost processors
Design knowledge of electronic circuits for signal and power electronics stage
BLDC experience is helpful
Salary level to $125,000 plus bonus, plus
relocation expenses are available
Sponsorship is available.
Multilingual global team
Q115 hire date
Job Title: Lead Project Engineer – Manufacturing Technology
Location: Chicago, Illinois
or other location could be New Jersey area.
Apply For This Job
Salary level is $100-130,000K
some relocation expenses could be available.
(( Another similar position is open in Detroit, MI _ at $90-110k base ))
The role of the Lead Project Engineer – Manufacturing Technology is to understand the capacities and capabilities of manufacturing process across ClientCompany Industries, Inc. He or she will utilize this information, along with input from others in the organization, to create a technology roadmap and improve asset utilization. Additionally, the Manufacturing Technology Specialist will facilitate the sharing of information and ideas across the company and help ClientCompany take advantage of its collective knowledge.
Chief Operations Officer (COO)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Evaluate manufacturing and equipment capabilities at all ClientCompany locations.
- Identify gaps between ClientCompany manufacturing equipment and systems in comparison with best-in-class processes and equipment in the metal assemblies industries.
- Develop a proposal to close those gaps, including capital expenditures and/or equipment upgrades.
- Work with local teams to improve manufacturing capabilities requiring approximately 50% travel. Use knowledge of ClientCompany capabilities to transfer best practices between locations. Facilitate communications across the company.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Broad understanding of manufacturing concepts including capacity planning, OEE, setup reduction, preventive maintenance, etc. Demonstrated ability to utilize manufacturing metrics to evaluate and improve production capabilities.
- Prior success with applying Lean principles to process improvement, including value stream mapping, Kanban and pull systems, and 5S.
- Ability to coordinate activities across a variety of locations to maximize benefits of technology sharing.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering is required. Advanced degree is desirable.
- Minimum ten years of professional experience in manufacturing, including significant experience in metal transformation.
- Prior experience in the spring and/or fastener industry is preferred, but not mandatory.