Location: Troy, MI
This position is responsible for maintaining and expanding business and developing new business, selling the company’s products in all of the company’s territories.
The Sales Engineer is the primary technical resource for the field sales force. The Sales Engineer is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation
stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Sales Engineer articulates
technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Identifies all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through
all stages of the sales process. Establishes and maintains strong relationships with all involved parties throughout the sales cycle.
Essential Job Functions
· Contributes to cost and process improvements.
· Finds areas and customers that leverage multiple products to bring higher value to customers and client company.
· Develops and leverages Alliance in the company’s territory and coordinates with others in the client company global enterprise.
· Identifies and delivers technology of client company products that separates client company from its competitors.
· Improves design and analysis tools and turnaround for designs and analysis to customers.
· Improves local engineering systems for speed, common to the rest of client company, specialized for local needs.
· Works to continuously improve client company brand image in North America in Engineering and Customer base.
· Increases business in the company’s territory.
· Increases market share of client company products in each market (Automotive primarily).
· Learn and Understand market for current and new engines and target customers and engines that are the best fit for client company products.
· Leverage and communicate with client company global enterprise areas that will benefit client company
· Maneuver business costs and profit towards corporate goals for earnings, profit and return on investment
Essential Job Functions
· Analyze and report specification, selling price, production process, etc. of competitors to supervisor and senior management.
· Analyze production cost and market selling price to make competitive quotes for expanding company sales and profit.
· Coordinate and provide support for activities by other client company global group enterprises to expand profit of group.
· Coordinate transfer of product and process technology from other client company global group enterprises to our company’s territory.
· Create and Review sales or service contracts for products or services.
· Assist in development of a motivated and knowledgeable team to provide necessary service in territory.
· Develop and Execute strategy and tactics for expanding client company’s business.
· Develop sales plans to introduce client company products in existing and new markets.
· Direct and lead program management, engineering group sales groups in the company’s territory towards successful accomplishment of goals.
· Document all account activities, generate reports, and keep records of business transactions with customers and submit to supervisor and senior management.
· Establish and maintain budget for client company Engineering, Product Development and Research in the company’s territory.
· Identify market demands in market of the company territory and establish how client company fills those needs.
· Identify required relationships in customer base and build on them in Engineering and Purchasing by continuing to listen and deliver recognized value to the customer.
· Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest
· Act as main contact for customers in the company’s territory.
· Manage Account Receivable for OEM customers. General Motors, Ford and/or FCA/Chrysler is ideal.
· Manage Delivery status and Maintain sales forecasting reports.
· Negotiate with engineers, buyers and all relevant contacts with customers to achieve client company’s target.
· Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to existing and prospective customers.
· Provide technical and non-technical support and services to customers or other staff members regarding client company’s products.
· Research and identify potential customers for products or services.
· Set and achieve sales goals and targets, backed by a strategy and tactics to use with available resources
· Share customer information with other team members.
· Visit existing and prospective buyers at commercial, industrial, or other establishments to show samples or presentation, and to inform them about product pricing,
availability, and advantages.
· Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by senior management.
· Reports all irregular issues and problems to supervisors for solution.
· Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area.
· Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
Note: Must be available to travel domestically and internationally
Education & Work Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) in Engineering related area or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must have at least three years of previous experience in the OEM component business
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Demonstrated excellent communication skills – Presents ideas and information, both verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner. Relates well to a variety of people
within the organization. Understands when, how and with whom to communicate to get things done.
· Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and
evaluation of customer satisfaction.
· Dependability/Commitment – Demonstrates strong sense of responsibility; dependable for completing tasks in a timely manner without sacrificing quality. Is committed to the
maintenance of good attendance and punctuality.
· Design – Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
· Engineering and Technology – Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology which includes applying principles, techniques, procedures,
and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
· Demonstrated Leadership Skills – Ability to makes and communicates difficult decisions to coordinate and unify groups of people to achieve a desired business objective.
· Negotiations – Demonstrated ability to identify and make trade-offs and concessions while also achieving personal, department, or company goals.
· Problem-solving – Demonstrated ability to prioritize issues, make good decisions and solve problems in a timely manner, by applying experience, common sense, judgment,
logical assumptions and analytical skills.
· Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product
demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
· Teamwork – Demonstrated experience working on teams and developing teams when necessary; creating strong team spirit among team members; sharing wins, successes
and failures; fostering open dialogue; defining success in terms of the whole team
Ford, General Motors and/or Chrysler-FCA customer exposure would be ideal ( not required )