Grand Rapids, MI
70-90 k base
West Michigan area location
JOB TITLE: Quality Manager REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
DEPARTMENT(S): Quality FLSA STATUS: Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: This position manages total quality assurance programs for the plant with the end goals of reducing scrap and increasing profitability while satisfying customer demands. Position requires regular interface and relationship-building with customers as well as supervision of the quality team.
• Plans, supports, and implements programs and testing to ensure products meet quality standard.
• Designs, specifies, and implements quality systems, testing mechanisms, and equipment.
• Formulates and/or assists in formulating quality control policies and procedures and development of quality standards, based upon test results.
• Monitors and controls costs, timing, and other related aspects of quality-related projects and programs.
• Develops cost quotations related to specifications, test equipment, and gauge requirements and communicates information to appropriate parties. Understands and adheres to schedule and budgetary requirements of quality-related projects and programs.
• Serves as a liaison between internal and external parties to resolve product and process problems and keep current of customer satisfaction levels and/or concerns.
• Engages in comparative and competitive analysis to ensure utilization of most appropriate and beneficial techniques in each situation respectively.
• Serves as a liaison and coordinates activity between resources.
• Champions continuous improvement efforts by researching, recommending, implementing and administering new and/or existing processes.
• Supervises and provides work direction to other staff.
• Performs other quality-assurance related duties as necessary.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• B.S. (engineering preferable) with understanding of advanced quality engineering practices, principles, processes, etc.; or equivalent.
• Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in manufacturing environment with minimum 2-4 years in supervisory capacity (quality)
• Previous experience in automotive parts industry required.
• Knowledge of technical processes such as FMEA, PFMEA, DFMEA, PPAP and control plans required.
• TS/ISO auditing experience preferred.
• Ability to conceptualize, coordinate, integrate internal data, and clearly articulate concepts, ideas, and other issues relating to advanced quality engineering.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations
• Strong organizational, project management, and leadership skills to prioritize, coordinate projects, manage conflicting needs, and deal with many issues at one time.
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills in order to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts and represent the Company in a professional manner when performing job duties. Must have excellent interpersonal skills to exercise influence at various levels and functions.
• Strong computer background with ability to calculate and analyze data, generate reports, present information, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to research, recommend and initiate continuous improvement processes.
• Ability to diplomatically and effectively work in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual environment
• Ability to lead people and motivate others for maximum productivity and job satisfaction
• This position shares time in both a quiet office environment and a noisy manufacturing floor.
While performing duties of the job the Employee is required to:
• Sit, stand and move around a large work area
• Use fingers and hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, to type and to complete other basic tasks
• Use close vision, distance vision, depth perception and have the ability to adjust focus
• Walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and navigate tight spaces.
• Occasionally lift and carry up to 30 pounds
$75k is the target base salary
Non Management experience will also be considered