Product Development Engineer(s)
3 entry ( 40-50K plus )
Location: Troy, MI
near Troy suburbs
$75,000 – 110,000K base
Ideally one experienced and one fairly inexperienced. For the experienced, someone with 3-5 years in the PDE roll with some plastics should be ok. As always looking for the right person, not someone with all the boxes checked. Below are the top “three” for each position.
1) Experience w/ engineering and overseeing the design of injection molding of plastic products
a. prefer automotive products
b. interior and/or exterior trim a plus
c. knowledge of tooling or plastics helpful as well.
2) A good understanding of the product engineering role in the product development process for North American OEMs (APQP) and the ability to manage it.
3) Experience with DFM and GD&T.
1) BS in engineering, mechanical or similar.
2) Some level of CAD experience (ability to complete design studies or develop concepts)
3) Great if they have any level of experience with the 3 items listed for the experienced engineer.
Product Development Engineer
The Engineering Department at Global client headquarters in SE Michigan is searching for an engineering professional with a passion for driving continuous improvement in process efficiency and effectiveness.
This position is responsible for providing the required technical direction and focus necessary to support the award, development and launch of new programs and product applications with the automotive OEM’s.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and knowledge sought below but, of equal importance, he or she will be self motivated, possess a positive attitude, and be a creative thinker. This is a “hands-on” position that will work across the organization in a competitive atmosphere. Working effectively with cross-functional teams is crucial for success.
• Responsible for the development and validation of designs that meet the performance and appearance specifications of the customer
• Responsible to deliver design to client manufacturing plants that are feasible and can be produced at quoted or better profit margins
• Develop innovative design solutions that can be used as a competitive advantage for both client and the customers
• Direct and assist assigned design personnel with day to day responsibilities on new programs.
• Work with the appropriate legal staff to protect intellectual property as required
• Responsible for drafting and maintaining applicable engineering request documents specific to assigned projects, including DFMEA, DVP&R, product drawings and GD&T requirements
• Responsible for conducting brainstorming events and developing initial design concepts for new program activity
• Responsible for facilitating customer and internal design reviews
• Responsible for reviewing Statement of Work / Requirements to ensure that designs meet customer expectations.
• Initiate test requests as necessary
• Must be able to express thoughts clearly and present technical details of our design concepts and technologies
• Responsible for identifying any critical characteristics during the initial design phase that may be required for the part design
• Responsible for working with component suppliers or tier ones as required
• Support day to day problem solving as required
• Support commercial teams in developing customer relationships
• Support R&D or Strategic Plan activity as required
• Bachelors of Science degree preferred
• 0-5 years or more experience
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook and Customer required applications
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, clients and the general public.