Business Process / Development Manager
Location: Royal Oak, MI
$90-110,000 k base plus
The Business Development group at our client’s Global headquarters in Royal Oak, Michigan is searching for a finance/strategy professional with a passion for developing a sustainable strategic direction for a global manufacturing business.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and knowledge sought below but, of equal importance, he or she will be self motivated, possess a positive attitude, and be a creative thinker. This is a “hands-on” position that requires both strategic and tactical aptitude. This role will work across the organization, be responsible to gain support for recommended strategic direction, and likely provide the candidate the opportunity to follow projects through to implementation. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a competitive atmosphere with all levels in the organization.
• Customer, market and competitor analysis as part of a strategic development process and in support of commercial and M&A activities
• Leadership of individual strategy implementation projects including, but not limited to, new market development activities, M&A, or new product programs
• Interface with external and internal sources to support market and competitor analysis
• Develop an understanding of competitive dynamics and participate in the strategy development process considering external influences
• Financial acumen, particularly as it relates to strategic decision making and venture related analysis
• Demonstrated results in strategic planning, business development or venture related responsibilities
• Automotive Industry experience in strategic planning or ventures activities preferred
• International experience preferred (Europe or Asia)
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills within cross functional teams and across multiple regions
• MBA in finance or related field preferred
• Willingness to relocate