Location: Detroit, MI
• The primary function of a Senior Sales Lead Account Manager is to oversee, manage, and coordinate all customer related activities internally within and with General Motors customer, so that the end results are projected favorably with the customer.
• This would include, but not be limited to Sales, quality, and engineering issues, as well as final use by the customer assembly plants.
• Oversee that all customer requests are responded to and satisfied on time.
• Accurately detail all customer requirements to client company for analysis and future implementation.
• Assist in program launch activities.
• Ensure correct design levels from both an engineering and sales prospective.
• Review UCRS responses for accuracy, coordinate revisions / corrections, and develop commercial proposal for presentation to customer.
• Track and Report commercial status / activities for all Internal program reviews and meetings.
• Take lead role for all customer meetings, including engineering Product Development Team meetings (PDT’s).
• Respond to EWO Design Change Statements and develop / estimate commercial impact.
• Track and maintain the business case changes so that overall profitability can be improved (Engineering Change Tracking Sheets).
• Develop / Gather details for Rebillable Tooling submissions, and track all customer owed tooling & piece price purchase orders.
• In conjunction with the Director and Sales Manager, establishes strategic marketing plans (short-and long-range) to achieve corporate objectives for our products. Ensures successful execution of strategic plans.
• Responsible for the establishment and efficient operation of administrative systems in support of sales function, utilizing networked computerized systems where appropriate,
• Coordinates customers volume analysis including operating premium and banking programs as required.
• Researches, analyzes and monitors financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
• Oversees maintenance of customer database.Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree required. Business or Engineering preferred.
• Experienced required 10-20 years• Broad experience in sales and maintenance of OEM components
• Experience with/understanding of the sales process and variety of customer relationships.
• Strong communication skills – ability to develop a business relationship with multiple departments, facilities, customers, etc.
I have more specific information directly from the hiring Director that makes me feel that this is a good growth opportunity.
General Motors customer contact is important
Technical background is nice
20% or less travel
Base plus bonus level
This position is important to fill since this person will lead the team and will be counted on for promotional opportunities in the near future.