Location: Detroit, MI
Key elements of the position include:
This position will develop, establish and maintain all global marketing & communication strategies to meet client’s strategic business objectives while enhancing client company’s brand. This includes effectively managing the marketing, advertising, communications and promotional activities of Client. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required as this is a high visibility position, interacting with multiple departments and all levels of associates, including senior management. This position will manage and direct the efforts of others, including a two salaried associates and one co-op associate. The Manager, Marketing & Communications will report to the Director Investor Relations, Corporate Communications & Marketing.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Manage the continuous development and implementation of Client’s Global Marketing and Communications Plan
• Facilitate and coordinate the creative development of a consistent messaging across print and electronic media through press releases, marketing, advertising and promotional materials activities to ensure that strategic messages are communicated effectively to target audiences and branding guidelines are followed
• Coordinate tradeshows, customer technical shows, product presentations, media presentations and events as well as industry events on a global basis
• Creates, implements and oversees marketing and communication programs and projects that effectively describe and promote new and existing products, facilities, technology, etc.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of website content/brand
• Responsible for ensuring consistency of intranet content and brand
• Support Client’s World Headquarters and Global Facility marketing/branding efforts
• Support presentation development, events/meetings for the Company to ensure consistency of client marketing & communications messaging
• Manage relationship with firms that produce marketing, advertising, branding, public relations and related collateral
• Support media interest in the company by supporting the Director Investor Relations, Corporate Communications & Marketing maintain regular contact with target media and developing appropriate responses to media requests
• Develop and manage the marketing & communications budget
• Responsible for the oversight and development of client company internal and external communication activities, which includes: newsletters, speeches, special events and monitoring accuracy of company specific and industry related media coverage
• Positively represent client at external special events, conferences, community activities and executive meetings as required.
Position Requirements: EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE – Required
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing and/or communications
• At least 10 years total work experience, with at least three to five years of relevant experience in the global automotive industry
• Demonstrated competency in all aspects of developing and maintaining integrated marketing and communication strategies
• Technical marketing skills, including experience in customer / market research
• Experience in coordinating and planning trade shows and customer events
• Experience with relevant software applications (PowerPoint-experienced to advanced; Word, Excel, etc.-proficient)
• Experience in video production – script writing, editing, and creating visual production.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with various contractors/suppliers to achieve time line and project deliverables
• Supervisory and leadership skills
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE – Preferred
• MBA, master’s degree in marketing and/or communications or similar postgraduate education is preferred
• Previous experience with a Tier 1 automotive supplier in the Electro-Mechanical systems segments
• Foreign language skills a bonus
base salary level 100-125k plus bonus