Location: Troy, MI
POSITION DESCRIPTION: EE / Embedded Software engineer
PrimaryFunction: EE/ Embedded Software Engineer
Diverse role of EE Software controls engineer to assist developing/calibrating controls software, and assisting global software teams integrate software for local US products.
- Support global software teams in integrating firmware/software into mules/bucks etc.
- Read/understand software written in C and model based Simulink/Matlab design to support flashing, and testing to find bugs and issues.
- Calibration of software in new products to support test trips
- Develop/modify and fix bugs in software/strategies, in C or Model based design (Matlab Simulink/stateflow).
- Ability to understand electronic schematics, wiring diagrams.
- Develop interfaces/utilize using tools such as Vehicle Spy/ CANoe for communication to controllers, in LIN, CAN.
- A recognized Degree in Electrical, Electronic Engineering and/or Computer Science.
- A minimum of 3 years’ development/calibration experience in the automotive industry or similar.
- Experience in Diagnostic UDS specifications, CAN and LIN communication protocols.
- Experience in C embedded programming or Model based design with Matlab Simulink, Stateflow and Embedded coder.
- Experience in calibrating PID loops and other control variables.
Preferable but not required:
- Experience in developing on Freescale HCS12X microprocessors
- Experience with CAN tools, such as Vehicle Spy or CANoe, developing GUI’s for them for technicians to use.
- Knowledge of mathematical formulae used in the control of mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of refrigeration systems.
- Electrical experience for automotive electrical products such as sensors, devices, etc.
Base salary level is: $100-140k plus bonus