Location: Philadelphia, PA
NW suburbs of
Salary range is 140-160 k base plus bonus
full relocation is available
The Quality Director will take a lead role in the performance of the Quality Department responsible for developing, maintaining and enforcing the company Quality Management System across multiple production facilities, ensuring standardized processes and procedures are in place which support company strategic, customer, and regulatory requirements. Ensures process and product compliance through appropriate review and approval of work product. Serves as the primary interface for customer and regulatory Quality audits.
It is important that the Company Brand is carried out through all duties and responsibilities. We are a leading manufacturer, distributor and fleet sales expert of premium products for vocational markets nationwide. We strive for a pioneering attitude and a focused commitment to innovation in all we do.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Embrace all Safety programs and maintain a departmental Safety Culture.
• Oversee the Quality systems – deviations, product and process investigations, product complaints, change control, internal audits compliance risk, audit readiness, data integrity and supporting management tools.
• Establish and maintain effective quality policies, visual standards and procedures to meet customer and Company requirements
• Develop and maintains standardized processes, controls, tools and methods for product inspection/verification and associated regulatory compliance documentation and customer requirements
• Develop guidelines and tools for scrap data collection and analysis to identify root causes.
• Define guidelines for incoming quality activities including inspection types, frequency and criteria, equipment, methods and audits their implementation
• Reviews new product and engineering deviations to ensure the Company can meet customer’s quality expectations.
• Oversee the effectiveness of quality records to identify and minimize rework; take corrective action as necessary
• Engage, train and coach employees on required skills to be successful in meeting customer quality and financial goals
• Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards of quality and reliability of finished product
• Complete employee reviews, development plans, coaching sessions, etc. in an effective and timely manner to continue to raise the performance of individuals in the Standard Value Stream
• Direct and/or supervise employees who are responsible for product measurement, inspection and testing
• Maintain effective communication with all functional department leaders to ensure customer quality needs are understood and delivered
• Direct the evaluation of internal, external, and supplier quality issues.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
• Experience with implementing and maintaining a Total Quality System in a manufacturing environment is required
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in manufacturing/production environment with at least 5 years in a Quality leadership role.
• Six Sigma Certification
• Prior experience with Lean Manufacturing principles preferred
• Computer skills in Microsoft Office, with intermediate skills in Excel
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Analytical thinking skills
• Professional communication both oral and written
• Effective Team building skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks/ projects and execute to deadlines
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ ENVIRONMENTAL EXPOSURE:
• Work occurs primarily in the office but time on the production floor is necessary
• Travel may be required by car or plane