Location: Novi, MI
Job Posting Title
Field Application Engineer
Job Description Summary
Provide technical expertise and knowledge of the client company solution as well as articulates the value proposition of the client company solution to customers and carrier technical sales teams. Provides pre-sales technical support for one or many channels.
Client company is continuing to penetrate and win business in both our historical markets, and in our new markets of focus. One of the main reasons for our success has been the quality of our sales teams. Our North American Sales Team currently has an employment opening for a technically astute, and customer savvy Field Application Engineer to work with our successful regional sales team to act as a technical consultative resource and solution architect to help engage and close business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze customer design requirements
- Connect features requests to market trends, customer pain/gain points and budget.
- Offer initial feasibility and scope assessments to customer requests.
- Collaborate with customer on software design that maximizes use of client company Technology Solution products
- Act as a liaison between customer and corporate engineering communities.
- Do pre-sales software development work and consulting work with a pre-sales focus (demos, benchmarking, high-level customer design assistance, initial environment set-up, high level software design etc.).
- Deliver technical solution presentations to customers and large audiences.
- Represent client company at regional trade shows or in concert with our large customers.
- Develop, and maintain a technical knowledge base of competitive intelligence where applicable, and create sales tools to help present our product feature and benefits in the most competitive light.
Education and Experience:
- 1-3 + years of sales support experience in technology software sales within the given region. Not required.
- 2-5 + years of software development, design and architecture experience with a focus on automotive embedded system development, real-time programming, embedded QT or similar low level firmware programming with C, Assembly, or C++.
- 1-3 + years of RTOS programming experience
- 2-5 + years experience working with 32 bit automotive SoCs
- University or college education with a degree or diploma in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or an equivalent program.
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, and interpersonal.
- Independent, and motivated learner who can quickly grasp new technology that can be applied to customer accounts.
- Vertical market experience in any of the following segments: IVI, ADAS, Cluster, or Telematics.
- Technical experience in RTOS sales solutions from competitive providers such as Wind River Systems, OSE Systems, MontaVista, Green Hills, Lynuxworks, TimeSys, or similar vendors would be deemed an asset