Location: Shelby Township, MI
50-65K base plus
Primary responsibility for project development of assigned company and customer programs from concept to production. Technical translation of customer needs into product design and manufacturing specifications. Execution of engineering tasks and facilitation of program activities within timing and budget constraints.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Support the client Mission and Strategic Plan.
New Program Job Functions:
Support quoting meetings through surface area and volume calculations, preliminary BOM’s, material recommendations, molding productivity;
Provide engineering analysis as required (FEA, mold flow, static and dynamic analysis, tolerance analysis (GD&T), prototype, test and development);
Select preliminary purchased parts to support total design;
Provide support for tooling and manufacturing engineering.
Develop Value Equations with an Account Manager to show the benefits of client systems
Actively participate and lead Innovation activities including developing new ideas and concepts and managing new system validation and integration.
· Design new products and maintain existing products utilizing 3D modeling (solids & surfacing) and 2D drawings with SolidWorks and/or Pro-E Design software.
· Provide technical assistance in face-to-face customer meetings and translate customer needs into product and manufacturing specifications.
· Provide engineering documentation to releasing authority: obtain part numbers, generate preliminary and final BOM’s in BPCS & PLEX, generate final engineering drawings, and support ECR activities as required.
· Execute Design FMEA’s, design verification, and support APQP requirements.
· Assist in early production trials of new tooling programs, providing direction, deviations, general support.
· Support quality systems and operating procedures as outlined in the Quality Assurance Manual and Department Work Instructions.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Attend seminars and training.
· Participate in VA/VE teams to achieve identified objectives.
EDUCATIONAL & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
· B.S. in an accredited engineering program and 2 to 3 years related experience (CAD, BOM).
· Plastic Mold and tooling design experience preferred.
· Plastic processing and design knowledge is a MUST.