Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
The Plant Manager ensures that Customer expectations for Quality, Cost and Delivery are met along with financial responsibilities directly related to overall plant profitability. Provides strategic leadership, management, and technical expertise to the organization. Plans, develops, directs, implements, and maintains strategies and objectives.
- Ensures that Customer Performance Metrics are maintained and met.
- Manages financial aspects of operations and understands the effect on financial performance. Develops, reviews, and maintains budgets and expenses for materials, equipment, travel, etc., ensuring conformity to plan. Monitors and controls costs and promotes cost savings in support of goals and value analysis/value engineering (VA/VE) efforts. Researches and recommends new processes, systems, policies, and procedures to pursue in the future.
- Develops and manages cross-functional operations leadership teams to meet business objectives. Monitors productivity of groups and individuals, recommends changes where desirable. Provides leadership and support to staff and assists in employees’ skill development and develops team-based organization focused on goals and objectives.
- Maintain and ensure that customer PPAP’s are effective, approved and on-time.
- Monitors Corrective Action Reviews and ensures that they are effective to prevent recurrence to the customer.
- Meet quality and on-time requirements for the customer.
- Process Metrics to be maintained include Customer Report Card, PPM/Index points, Scrap, Schedule attainment, labor efficiency, PMP Performance (engineering changes, methods, processes, etc.), Customer Audits, and Warranty Measures.
Knowledge and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field including 5+ years manufacturing leadership
- Strong communication skills to work with internal and external contacts at all levels within the organization, as well as represent the company in a professional manner, and to sell concepts to customers.
- Project and program management skills and proven financial capabilities to maintain quality, cost, and timing of programs.
- Technical Degree and/or experience in Mechanical components/systems highly preferred
- Must have a minimum of 5 plus years in manufacturing leadership; working within the automotive industry.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent knowledge in effective quality standards within the automotive industry
- Knowledge of implementing and maintaining QM systems and its Auditing / Assessment internal and external , dealing Suppliers and Customers.
- Experienced presentation techniques.
- Comprehensive knowledge of APQP / PPAP.
- Excellent knowledge in use of statistic methods and Quality Core Tools (e.g. SPC, 8 D, 5 Why, Ishikawa, FMEA & CP etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Root cause analysis and Problem Solving Methods ( e.g. Shainin; Red X; Six Sigma etc. )
- Analytical and conceptual behaviors, excellent problem solving skills.
- Planning and organizational skills, strategic thinking.
- Good communication skills, takes ownership and leads by example.
- Social competence, target oriented, set priorities, self motivated, with the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver results in high-pressure environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge MS Office package and Statistics tools.
- Advanced knowledge in FMEA Tools (e.g. APIS-IQ etc.), Configuration Mgmt. System (e.g. MKS) and Document Mgmt. Systems (e.g. Compl. Pro etc.)
Relocation expenses are available
base 110-130k plus, plus