Location: Kalamazoo, MI
- Responsible to lead / manage complete Test Systems Design, Development, Procurement, Measurement, Build and Run-Off/Debug activities from conception to completion (successful run-off) for multiple projects
- Utilize VAST Knowledge Management System (VKMS) to meet Product Development Process (PDP) deliverables
- Provide direction to team members responsible for Test Systems
- Develop test system scope and RASI documents at project kick-off and get PDT agreement
- Develop and maintain Timing Plans for Test System projects to meet project requirements
- Develop and maintain Open Issues List for Test Systems projects and drive issues to closure
- Review and interpret Customer Requirements and develop DVP&R / test plan including, but not limited to, EE and DV testing
- Participate / support quote activities by coordinating / developing DVP&R, work plans and cost estimates for Test Systems and Testing
- Develop test procedures and required documentation for Test Systems as required
- Meet with customer, as required, to develop and get approval of test plans
- Manage projects thru collaborate with internal and external test labs
- Participate in internal PDT and Project Execution Meetings and report on Test Systems
- Collaborate with Product Engineering to insure product is tested as intended
- Coordinate shipping of Test Systems to test location (includes crating/palletizing to protect test system)
- Support test start up and problem solving at test location
- Collaborate with test labs to identify Environmental Chamber needs (timing / capability) for projects
- Identify project risks and develop and document recovery plans / escalate risks to the project manager as required
- Support Continuous Improvement by keeping abreast of latest technologies as it relates to test systems and potential implementation as deemed appropriate
- Report progress / status to manager verbally and in writing as required / requested
- Generate cost reduction / avoidance ideas as it relates Test System Design and Product Design
- Periodic travel to customers, suppliers and other facilities as required
3D modeling experience (UG/NX is preferred)
Able to conceptualize, plan and develop small electrical/mechanical devices
Able to perform engineering calculations
Experience managing multiple projects concurrently and able to manage / set priorities
Experience with DFMEA
Able to read engineering prints
Have a working knowledge of GD&T principles.
Have mechanical aptitude to work with basic hand tools.
Must have experience in formal root cause analysis methodology (Red X or 8D is preferred)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
Able to multi-task, plan and organize work.
Able to work in a cross functional team and be able to effectively communicate.
Able to present engineering data and progress directly to customers.
Self sufficient / self motivated and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BSME, BSIE or related technical degree / experience is required.
- 5-7 years minimum experience in product development and/or test/reliability
- Previous project leadership preferred
- Business knowledge, understanding preferred.
- Experience with test system / fixture development and fabrication is preferred
- Experience in closures is preferred
Relocation expenses is available
Automotive industry experience is preferred, not required.
…this is a NON-Automotive client.