Job Title: Lead Project Engineer – Manufacturing Technology
Location: Chicago, Illinois
or other location could be New Jersey area.
Salary level is $100-130,000K
some relocation expenses could be available.
(( Another similar position is open in Detroit, MI _ at $90-110k base ))
The role of the Lead Project Engineer – Manufacturing Technology is to understand the capacities and capabilities of manufacturing process across ClientCompany Industries, Inc. He or she will utilize this information, along with input from others in the organization, to create a technology roadmap and improve asset utilization. Additionally, the Manufacturing Technology Specialist will facilitate the sharing of information and ideas across the company and help ClientCompany take advantage of its collective knowledge.
Chief Operations Officer (COO)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Evaluate manufacturing and equipment capabilities at all ClientCompany locations.
- Identify gaps between ClientCompany manufacturing equipment and systems in comparison with best-in-class processes and equipment in the metal assemblies industries.
- Develop a proposal to close those gaps, including capital expenditures and/or equipment upgrades.
- Work with local teams to improve manufacturing capabilities requiring approximately 50% travel. Use knowledge of ClientCompany capabilities to transfer best practices between locations. Facilitate communications across the company.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Broad understanding of manufacturing concepts including capacity planning, OEE, setup reduction, preventive maintenance, etc. Demonstrated ability to utilize manufacturing metrics to evaluate and improve production capabilities.
- Prior success with applying Lean principles to process improvement, including value stream mapping, Kanban and pull systems, and 5S.
- Ability to coordinate activities across a variety of locations to maximize benefits of technology sharing.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering is required. Advanced degree is desirable.
- Minimum ten years of professional experience in manufacturing, including significant experience in metal transformation.
- Prior experience in the spring and/or fastener industry is preferred, but not mandatory.