Location: Troy, MI
• The primary function of a Senior Sales Account Manager is to oversee, manage, and coordinate all customer related activities internally within client company, so that the end results are projected favorably with the customer.
• This would include, but not be limited to Sales, quality, and engineering issues, as well as final use by the customer assembly plants.
• Oversee that all customer requests are responded to and satisfied on time.
• Accurately detail all customer requirements to client company for analysis and future implementation.
• Assist in program launch activities.
• Ensure correct design levels from both an engineering and sales prospective.
• Develop and Review client company cost breakdown responses for accuracy, coordinate revisions / corrections, and develop commercial proposal for presentation to customer.
• Track and Report commercial status / activities for all Internal program reviews and meetings.
• Take lead role for all customer meetings, including engineering Product Development Team meetings (PDT’s).
• Respond to Change Notices /Design Change Statements and develop / estimate commercial impact.
• Track and maintain the business case changes so that overall profitability can be improved (Engineering Change Tracking Sheets).
• Develop / Gather details for Rebillable Tooling submissions, and track all customer owed tooling & piece price purchase orders.
• In conjunction with the Director and Sales Manager, establishes strategic marketing plans (short-and long-range) to achieve corporate objectives for client company products. Ensures successful execution of strategic plans.
• Responsible for the establishment and efficient operation of administrative systems in support of sales function, utilizing networked computerized systems where appropriate,
• Coordinates customer’s volume analysis including operating premium and banking programs as required.
• Researches, analyzes and monitors financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
• Oversees maintenance of customer database.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Business or Engineering preferred.
• Experienced required 5 –7 years
• Broad experience in sales and maintenance of OEM components
• Experience with/understanding of the sales process and variety of customer relationships.
• Strong communication skills – ability to develop a business relationship with multiple departments, facilities, customers, etc.
Additional Requirements / Desires for Specific Position
• Account Manager / Sales Manager – Chrysler Programs
• 3-10yrs Automotive OEM Sales Experience
• Prefer an engineering background with strong process and problem solving skills
• Financial acumen / Costing experience
• Experience with machining and assembly – driveline and/or powertrain related components and systems would be preferable
• Engineering/MBA background
• Six Sigma
• Previous Chrysler experience
• Previous Manufacturing operations experience
• Lean implementation / knowledge
• Oracle experience
Leadership step will be next for this individual.
Base salary range of 100-130k plus bonus