Location: Troy, MI
The position responsibilities include the following:
• Responsible for costing Engineering Bill of Materials for new and current programs.
• Responsible for evaluating and analyzing cost changes for various products/processes – castings, stampings, forgings, machining etc.; and associated tooling investment(s).
• Actively support the Purchasing function to ensure market competitive sourcing.
• Implement, maintain and update associated cost models/analysis with real time quotes or valid technical data (as applicable).
• Coordinate with Engineering, Cost Estimating, Purchasing and the outside supply base as required.
• Train additional associates in related global locations.
• Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities along with process efficiency improvements.
• Organize and record domestic and international market studies for various commodities to identify market trends for material costs.
• Knowledgeable in the areas of project management, risk management, finance and budgeting.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• 5-7 years of relevant experience in an automotive industry.
• Strong technical expertise in casting, stamping, machining and related categories required.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills required (i.e., for presentations, meeting facilitation, etc.)
• Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently required.
• Willingness to travel as required to plant & supplier sites to assess the products and process systems, approximately 15%.
• Experience in MS Office Suite required and experience with integrated ERP systems is preferred (Oracle, SAP, etc.).
• Program Management experience preferred.
• Knowledge of driveshaft/unibody products along with manufacturing methods/processes preferred.
Base salary levcel 85,000 – 105,000 / plus