Location: Southfield, MI
Title Senior Hardware Engineer
Company client of GCC, Inc.
Reports To Director
- Base Salary 95,000 – 115,000
- Bonus eligibility up to 15%
- Other incentives – yes
Location Southfield, MI area
Job Title: Senior Hardware Engineer
Leads the engineering activity for assigned programs to ensure that products meet customer and Company specifications and that program milestones are achieved. Responsible for coordinating and monitoring the engineering process and for providing direction as required. Will typically be responsible for managing or leading a group of support engineers.
Senior Hardware Engineer position for the design and release of electronics modules for all major automotive OEM as part of a customer focused and global electronics organization.
Position Specific Requirements:
A goal orientated technical specialist, with general supervision that is responsible for the design and documentation of automotive electronics modules (Requirement and Schematic Capture, Circuit Analysis, Hardware Interface Spec., Bill of Materials, PCB Review DFMEA Champion, Validation, Change Process, Warranty Support, etc. )
Job Specific Skills, Knowledge and Behavioral Characteristics:
· Bachelor degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
· 5+ years related automotive electronics design experience.
· Domestic (Ford, GM, Chrysler-Fiat) and ROW (JLR, BMW, PSA, RSA) OEM expertise.
· Worst Case Circuit Analysis (MathCAD, PSpice) expertise.
· Structured problem solving (8D, 5Why, Is-Is-Not, Fishbone) expertise.
· MCU, RF, Smart Power, IVN, Passive component engineering expertise.
· Body/Interior Control, Electronics, circuit design expertise.
· Electronics manufacturing process (DFM, DFT, DFA) expertise.
· FMEA, ISO-26262 process knowledge.
· PLM, CMM or CMMI process knowledge.
Related Non-Flexible Requirements:
· Ability and willingness to perform in both a technical design and application release role.
· Ability to work with ambiguity, is assertive and highly self-motivated.
· Ability to travel globally for approximately 4 weeks per year supporting problem resolution and RFQ.
· Ability to communicate effectively in a global environment
Farmington Hills/ Southfield area of SE MI Suburbs, United States
$95,000-115,000, direct hire.
This client has amazing benefits, three weeks vacation their first year PLUS the week between Christmas and New Years.They have an outstanding Holiday list. And they have summer hours, where every Friday in the summer they get to leave work at NOON.