Test Engineering Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Greater Chicagoland Northern Suburbs
$90,000 – $120,000 plus bonus eligibility (relocation expenses are available)
JOB DESCRIPTION TEST ENGINEERING MANAGER
SOURCE OF SUPERVISION
Receives general direction from the Production Manager. Conducts environmental, operational or performance tests on electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, general industrial or experimental products for automotive equipment.
Education Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree • • Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in LEAN manufacturing and it’s principles
• 5-6 years Management experience
• Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office, Word and Excel).
• 3-5 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong technical skills as related to testing equipment
• Ability to learn, understand and adhere to all applicable safety precautions and procedures.
• Ability to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with others.
Designs and directs engineering and technical personnel in fabrication of testing and test control apparatus and equipment. Directs and coordinates engineering activities regarding development, procurement, installation and calibration of instruments, equipment and control devises required to test, telemeter, record, and reduce test data. Determines conditions under which tests are to be conducted and sequences and phases of test operations. Directs and exercises control over operational, functional, and performance phases of tests. Confers with scientific, engineering, and technical personnel to resolve testing problems for example product or system malfunctions, incomplete test data and data interpretation considering such factors as conditions under which test was conducted and instrumentation, procedures and phase of test used to obtain and record data. Analyzes and interprets test data and prepares technical reports for use by engineering and management personnel. Testing engineers are classified by field of engineering. May also use computer assisted engineering software and equipment.
Automotive Industry knowledge is a big plus
BSEE Would be ideal
Team of 28 technical associates